Globacom Frustrates NFF Plans for Brazil | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Globacom Frustrates NFF Plans for Brazil

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 31, 2014

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have accused their major sponsors, Globacom Nigeria Limited, of backtracking on their contractual terms by refusing to remit nearly two years of sponsorship fee.

A top member of the football family ExCo, who does not want his name in print, said the Nigerian company had paid only half of the actual annual sponsorship fee of N350 million (over $2m), while it has not paid anything whatsoever this year; as it continues using the national team to promote its product.

In a World Cup year, we need all the monies we can muster but Globacom have not been forthcoming and the always use our national teams to promote their products and refuse to pay the owners of the properties, that is unfair and we are compelled to go to the press over this matter, the official disclosed angrily.

On-Loan Liverpool Winger Victor Moses is One of Globacom Nig. Ltd. Ambassadors.

Were it not for the Federal Government and other sponsors, the Super Eagles major sponsors would have derailed NFFs plans for Brazil 2014, added the anonymous official- while also intimating the company has failed to respond to several letters it sent to them.

We cannot go begging every time when we know that its our due and they have been benefiting. If it continues like this we may have to renew our relationship with Glo, the official said.

David Luiz admits exit was necessary | INFORMATION NIGERIA

David Luiz admits exit was necessary

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on May 31, 2014

Hazard and David Luiz

David Luiz has said it was the right time for him to leave Chelsea as he prepares to complete a move to PSG.

Reports emerged last week that the Parisian club had agreed a mega £40m+ deal with Chelsea for the Brazilian defender, although the deal is yet to beofficially confirmed.

However, Luiz has had no issue speaking about the impending move, first thanking Chelsea for the help they have delivered in his career, and now further adding that the chance to join PSG was one he could not turn down.

He is looking forward to adapting to a new life in Paris and is looking to win silverware at the Parc des Princes.

He told LEquipe: This is a new stage in my life, a new project in a new country with a new language.

I was very happy at Chelsea, I stole the headlines, I made friends, I earned the respect of all, but I think I have come to the end of a cycle.

I will now begin another in Paris after the World Cup.

Its official, Im in Paris and Ill be very happy.

I am privileged. I have evolved in large clubs and beautiful cities. Ill have an opportunity to discover more in Paris.

I will try to achieve our goals, win titles and show who I really am. This is what I want for my future at PSG.

The biggest question now luring over Stamford Bridge is whether or not Luiz will be the last Chelsea player to join PSG this summer. Laurent Blanc hasalready declared his interest in Eden Hazard while Oscar has also been linked in the past.

However, Jose Mourinho always looked likely to sell Luiz, who had failed to impress the Special One due to his undisciplined style of play.

Hazard and Oscar are somewhat different. Although Mourinho has openly criticised Hazard, he will be reluctant to let the PFA Young Player of the Yearleave regardless of the offer.{GMS}

Liverpool leading Fabregas capture | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Liverpool leading Fabregas capture

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on May 31, 2014

Fabregas and Team mates

Liverpool are leading the chase to sign £30million- rated Cesc Fabregas who is determined to return to England after Barcelona made it clear they are willingto sell him.

The relatively low fee for the 27-year-old midfielder, who was confirmed as part of Spain’s World Cup squad on Saturday, will tempt several Premier League clubs, but the Anfield side have a real chanceof signing him because they are in the Champions League next season.

Fabregas’s availability will also test the willingness of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who has a £100million transfer kitty, to return for his former captain.

But Arsenal are poised to make a move from Sven Bender, the 25-year-old Borussia Dortmund mid- fielder and with Mesut Ozil and Santi Cazorla already in the usual Fabregas role, the Gunners are likely to strengthen with a more defensive midfield player.

Arsenal have previously been interested in Bender’s twin brother, Lars, and bid £18m for him last summer, only to be turned down by Bayer Leverkusen.

Lars has since signed a new contract and is currently injured but Arsenal hope they can lure Sven from Dortmund with a £15m bid after he failed to make the Germany World Cup squad.

Wenger had not previously ruled out the return of Fabregas to the club, having maintained a good relationship with his former captain despite the fact that some supporters were unhappy with the manner in which he left in 2011.{DailyMail}

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United [Health Check] | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United [Health Check]

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on June 1, 2014

Lambert and team mates

With domestic football just around the corner, Information Nigeria decided to orchestrate weekly, the current situation of the customary four English Clubs ahead of August.

Arsenal: Arsene Wenger must strengthen his side despite the Fa Cup triumph last season if they want to challenge again for silverwares- The team is currently in need of a Right Back, Central Midfielder and a Striker.

Bacary Sagnas decision to boycott a new contract for greener pastures, leaves Wenger with no option but to comb the transfer market for a defender to compete with Carl Jenkinson.

Ivorian Serge Aurier who plays for FC Toulouse is top of the Frenchmans wish list for a Right Back. Though Toulouse are being defiant to sell, the deal looks likely as the player has expressed interest to join the North London club.

Arsenal are also interested in Karim Benzema despite his club unwilling to let go. The club are interested in finding a striker to support Olivier Giroud upfront.

Loic Remy, who was spotted once at the Emirates last season is also another target.

Lars Bender, despite his latest injury worries is another midfielder the Gunners are monitoring.

Despite Arsenal having enough players to fill the play-maker role, a Cesc Fabregas return seems likely.

The player was forced to endure a torrid campaign the previous season for Barcelona; criticized and booed by the faithful. With the club handing a £30million price tag on him; various Clubs in the EPL are interested in his services.

Albeit, Arsenal have a bigger chance of bringing him back to NorthLondon- A buy-back clause can be activated only if the player informs the catalan club he wants to return to his former team.

Health Check– Excellent

Chelsea: After failing to secure any trophy in his return maiden season, Jose Mourinho is all out to spend this summer.

The Portuguese is interested in a host of players, most notably Diego Costa.

A deal looks certain to be completed soon. The former Atletico Madrid striker is entrusted to help ameliorate Chelseas attacking predicament. With Demba Ba most likely to leave, and Torres not consistent, the Brazilian born striker is guaranteed a starting place.

The london club are also interested in Mehdi Benatia. The defender had a scintillating season for Roma. However, his club are not ready to part ways with their Moroccan star. An insider revealed unless a £50Million offer, the player is going nowhere.

Health Check– Good

Manchester United: David Moyes adventure at United was the definition of horrendous. A 7th placed finish resulted in his sack.

Louis van Gaal agreed to takeover from the dugout, and has since been handed £220million to splash on players that can lead the Club back its glory days.

Luke Shaw, Andres Iniesta, Kevin Strootman, James McCarthy are players currently monitored by van Gaal.

A deal for Cesc Fabregas however looks unlikely.

In a surprising development, van Gaal wants to hand Robin Vanpersie the captain arm band for next season, which ostensibly would come under scrutiny as fans alike are urging the dutch to hand the armband to long serving Wayne Rooney.

Though Rooney has come out to deny allegations of a future brawl if hes ditched for the captaincy role, some instances of last season makes it likely.

Furthermore, some fans are unsure if van Gaal is the man to lead United to a 21st League title yet. Though, the former Ajax and current Holland manager has a rich CV to his credit, many still feel he might struggle to cope with English Football demands, and his very strict managerial skills might not correlate with players.

That however waits to be seen in the roller coaster of the coming season.

Health Check– Feverish

Liverpool- After a deal for Rickie Lambert almost sorted, with the player expected to report at Liverpool Academy HQ later today, the Reds are still interested in a couple of signings.

Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana are strong targets for the Merseyside club.

Brendan Rogers team stuttered after getting so close to securing the League title the previous season. But the club can challenge again next season, if they can keep hold of their key players and also compliment with new signings.

Health Check-Excellent

Moyes: No more long-term planning at United | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Moyes: No more long-term planning at United

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on June 1, 2014

David Moyes

The Scot says he has moved on from his sacking but says the days of forward planning at Old Trafford could be gone, and insisted he always had the support of Sir Alex Ferguson

David Moyes says that the days of long-term planning at Manchester United are gone, having broken his silence following his sacking in April.

The Scot was dismissed following a turbulent reign at Old Trafford which saw United slip from top of the Premier League to seventh, with the club missing out on European qualification.

And Moyes has now claimed it was unfortunate that he was not given more time to make his mark on the United squad, and believes his sacking could signal the end of long-term projects at the club, with 62-year-old Louis van Gaal installed as his successor.

Writing in the Sunday Times he also took time to thank the United fans, saying: I never had the chance to thank the Manchester United supporters for the backing they gave me during my time as manager. I wish them every success in the future.

They now appreciate, I am sure, that things are changing at their club and it could well be that gone are the days of long-term planning. They were fully aware of the task I had. It was unfortunate I wasn’t given more time to succeed.

Moyes, however, claims to have moved on from his sacking, though he is undecided as to whether he will look to take up a new job elsewhere or go on holiday.

Since leaving, I have received some very good offers and am tempted by one or two of them, he added. I have not closed the door on anything and am open-minded about my next step in management, and whether it will be in the UK or abroad.

Another possibility is that I may choose to have a break and enjoy watching and observing football throughout the world. What I do know for sure is that I have moved on.

And Moyes also praised Sir Alex Ferguson for the support he offered, claiming he tried to implement his advice as best he could, but insists it was never going to all come together in a few weeks, or months.

He added: I have spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson on several occasions and we met recently at a dinner in London. I believe I had nothing but support from him.

He advised me of some changes that had to be made. I took his advice and started to implement the necessary changes. I became aware of other changes that had to be made and put plans in place. {GOAL}

Liverpool set to sign Alberto Moreno in €25m deal | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Liverpool set to sign Alberto Moreno in €25m deal

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on June 2, 2014

Moreno celebrating Europa League triumph

Liverpool are poised to deal Jose Mourinho and Chelsea a blow in the summer transfer window, as reports in Spain claim an agreement has all but been finalised for the transfer of Alberto Moreno to Anfield.

According to Seville based paper Estadio Deportivo, the young left-back fresh from being axed from Vicente del Bosque’s Spain World Cup squad is soon to sign for the Reds, as Brendan Rodgers looks to ensure that his team is ready to compete in the Champions League next season. It’s believed that adeal is all but done for Moreno to move to Merseyside for a combined fee in the region of €25million, with €20million of that being straight up cash and the restmade up of add ons and variables depending on appearances.

Though the negotiations surrounding the proposal have yet to be officially finalised, it’s thought that Liverpool fans can be rest assured that they now have their man. This news will unlikely be welcomed in west London, as Mourinho was also said to be a keen admirer of the player and considering a move, particularly now that Ashley Cole is on his way out.

It’s believed that the 21-year-old full-back will head to England to complete a medical at some point this week, and should become the second of Rodgers’summer signings behind Rickie Lambert.{GMS}

Arsenal to offer player on loan + £7m for Willy Caballero | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Arsenal to offer player on loan + £7m for Willy Caballero

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on June 2, 2014

Cabellero

Arsenal are readying a summer move forMalaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero, according to The Mirror.

The report has suggested that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is ready to offer the La Liga outfit as much as £7 million and a player on loan in order to secure theservices of the Argentine ace.

Arsenal have already spoken with Malaga about the possibility of taking the keeper to north London , and it now appears that the club are ready to stepup their pursuit of him.

At 32-years-old, Caballero is extremely experienced and would offer competition to current No.1 Woijech Szczesny between the sticks at The Emirates.

Wenger is desperate to add to his squad in the goalkeeping ranks after FA Cup hero Lukasz Fabianski departed the club in favour of a switch to Swansea City.

It looks set to be a busy summer at the north London outfit, with reports tipping the Gunners to spend as much as £100m in the up coming transfer window.

Arsenal fans certainly have a lot to look forward to as the club look to mount a Premier League title challenge for the 2014/15 campaign.{GMS}